“The is probably the most precious 2 minutes you can spend on completing your Hippocratic Oath”
Dr. Ankita Sagar is Assistant Professor and Director of Ambulatory Quality at Hofstra-Northwell who has had a profound impact on my mindset around physicians registering to vote. We discuss her advocacy in encouraging physicians and medical students to register, the barriers that have previously existed, and how and where to go to get registered. Really inspirational and motivating stuff!
This episode is stocked with great references, please check out all the links below in the shownotes
Email feedback or ideas to email@example.com
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
1. Dr. Sagar’s superb and profoundly influential presentation slide encouraging physicians to vote
2. The unspoken threat that has kept physicians from talking about voter registration or politics
3. How others can follow Dr. Sagar’s road to being vocal
4. The critical need for physicians to be civic-minded and engaged & how we can propel one another
5. The evidence of just how disconnected physicians are around their own voting practices
6. Places where physicians can make a change around their own engagement
7. Imagining how a medical school or medical school could support student, resident, and faculty registration to vote
8. Where Dr. Sagar has met resistance around physicians registering to vote
9. Would Dr. Sagar run for office?
10. The deadline of September 3rd to be sure if you register to vote and request an absentee ballot it will come in time
Annals article: https://doi.org/10.7326/M16-2470
SGIM article: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-007-0105-8
#Vote2020, #voting, #register, #election, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #absentee, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician