The Badwater 135 is one of the toughest footraces on the planet, Michelle West is preparing to run it for the third time. We caught up with her less than 24 hours before she starts running 135 miles through Death Valley, CA and had an amazing conversation with someone on the cusp of an extraordinary challenge. This is an incredibly unique discussion just before she embarks on one of the hardest physical tests that exists.
- On the eve of the Badwater 135, one of the toughest footraces on the planet
- Preparing in a place of extremes
- How Michelle is readying her body and mind the night before the race
- Facing heat, thunderstorms, and sleep deprivation
- Finding motivation and inspiration in the face of a profound challenge
- The impact of experience at Badwater and in life when “you know what’s waiting for you.”
- The hardening that comes with difficulty and challenge
- Experiencing joy and euphoria after coming through hardship.