Episode 152 : Michael Mann On Climate Change & Speaking Out
Featured Guest: Michael Mann
Sep 23, 2019
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:52 — 31.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe Us: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
“Our stewardship of this planet shouldn’t be a partisan matter.”
Michael Mann is a Distinguished Professor of Atmospheric Science at Penn State & is one of the most articulate and courageous scientists in the fight against climate change. A fantastic guest for #ClimateWeek! We discuss the power of misinformation as well as the insidious interests that push against necessary change, be it climate change or gun violence. Mike also discussed how he was forced into the public sphere, recognizing that science is under assault & lays out resources and skills for us to get better together.
Please subscribe and rate Explore The Space on iTunes or wherever you download podcasts.
Email feedback or ideas to [email protected]
Follow on Twitter @ETSshow, Instagram @explorethespaceshow
1. The best framing of the issue of climate change you will ever hear.
2. Mike’s wish list for steps to take to reverse climate change
3. Wherein Illusory Truth Effect & climate change are connected
4. The destructive impact of special interests & on our public policy
5. A premium name drop
6. How being attacked by conservative politicians and fossil fuel special interests helped Mike become effective at communicating science.
7. Recognizing that science is under assault and fighting back
8. Coaching scientists on how to communicate effectively with the public
9. The best steps to take to be effective and determining the message strategy that works best
10. A toolset for dealing with direct pressure from climate-change deniers
11. Leveraging collaboration and mentorship
Twitter: @michaelemann, Instagram: @michaelmannscientist
Mike’s website: https://www.michaelmann.net
#science, #scientist, #pseudoscience, #collaboration, #mentorship #climateweek #climatechange, #climate, #fossilfuel, #renewableenergy, #climatestrike, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician