“There was just a thirst for information”
Dr. Samir Shah is a Professor of Pediatrics and is Editor-In-Chief of the Journal Of Hospital Medicine. Dr. Vinny Arora is a Professor of Medicine and is Social Media Editor for the Journal of Hospital Medicine.
In Part 1 of our interview we discuss the extraordinary May 2020 issue of Journal of Hospital Medicine that captures unique Covid-related perspectives, lessons and experiences from around the world. We also cover the incredible agility and leadership that JHM is demonstrating at a critical time.
This two-part podcast is produced in partnership with the Journal of Hospital Medicine, the Society of Hospital Medicine’s monthly peer-review journal. To read more on COVID-19 and its impact on hospital medicine, please visit www.journalofhospitalmedicine.com
All JHM content related to Covid19 is available open access to the public.
Email feedback or ideas to email@example.com
1. How the Journal of Hospital Medicine has ascended in importance
2. The genesis of the superb May 2020 issue of Journal of Hospital Medicine
3. Choosing to do a Perspective article on social distancing inside a hospital and getting information out quickly
4. The generalizability of these Perspective articles to a wide audience, particularly Vinny’s article on social distancing
5. Reaching a broader audience with the content in the May issue, especially with Mark Hertling’s wonderful essay
6. How a medical journal can humanize our profession and each other by helping build a sense of connection
7. Turning an article on crisis leadership around from submission to publication in less than 72 hours
Twitter: @SamirShahMD @FutureDocs @JHospMedicine
#journal, #Covid19, #leadership, #crisis, #pandemic, #disaster, #BattleBuddy, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician