Episode 154 : Umbereen Nehal On LinkedIn & Healthcare
Featured Guest: Umbereen Nehal
Oct 09, 2019
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:56 — 40.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe Us: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
“My approach is to give someone a chance to say Yes”
Dr. Umbereen Nehal is a pediatrican and physician executive. She is also the physician Jedi Master of LinkedIn, having been named a LinkedIn “Top Voice” and “Influencer” She joins us to better understand the opportunities this platform provides, the pitfalls to avoid, and how those in healthcare can effectively leverage LinkedIn to collaborate, learn and build their careers. This is an incredibly high-yield conversation!
Explore The Space + Nocturnists Live Show is coming up on Friday 10/18. This will be an amazing night, get your tickets now!
Please subscribe and rate Explore The Space on iTunes or wherever you download podcasts.
Email feedback or ideas to [email protected]
Follow on Twitter @ETSshow, Instagram @explorethespaceshow
1. Earning the LinkedIn gold box and being a “Top Voice”
2. Why LinkedIn?
3. The experience of having fun on LinkedIn
4. The experience of interfacing with LinkedIn platform
5. LinkedIn vs Twitter
6. How LinkedIn can be used for career transitions, especially through networking
7. LinkedIn as a recruiting tool and how to use it
8. What are the good manners of using LinkedIn
9. Building and curating your LinkedIn network
10. Resolving the worry that if you’re on LinkedIn, people will think you’re leaving your current job
11. LinkedIn as a tool for sponsoring other people
12. Levels of activity: like, comment, share, and original content (this is awesome)
13. How optics are leveraged on LinkedIn, particularly around disagreements
14. Wherein we bond over our shared experiences at Baylor College of Medicine
Umbereen’s LinkedIn Tips
#LinkedIn, #socialmedia, #collaborate, #doximity, #mission, #recruiting, #career, #podcast, #podcasting, #extrovert, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician