Episode 217 : Mark Hertling On Inflection Point Leadership
Featured Guest: Mark Hertling
Dec 23, 2020
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 33:46 — 27.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe Us: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
“This is the most important phase. This is the phase that requires the most passionate leadership, the most informed & rational leadership.”
Mark Hertling is a retired 3-Star General in the US Army who returns for his 4th visit to Explore The Space Podcast for more riveting leadership conversation. We focus on Inflection Point leadership as we deal with the surging Covid19 pandemic and the arrival of the vaccine. In addition, Mark’s insights on the importance of “running through the tape” and preparing for After-Action reviews are absolutely brilliant.
Click here for the archive of Mark’s previous appearances on Explore The Space Podcast
Please subscribe to and rate Explore The Space on Apple Podcasts or wherever you download podcasts.
Email feedback or ideas to [email protected]
Check out the archive of Explore The Space Podcast as well as our Position Papers and much more!
Follow on Twitter @ETSshow, Instagram @explorethespaceshow
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
1. The importance of “Living room language”
2. Introducing the idea of running through the tape
3. Why the Covid19 vaccine represents an inflection point and what are the implications of that
4. The essential mindset for leaders to carry right now
5. What’s going well and what could be done better
6. The importance of applying lessons learned and not going back to business as usual
7. Reflecting on personal and organizational lessons in preparation for an After-Action Review
#Covid19, #vaccine, #inflectionpoint, #organization, #AAR, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician