“Be safe & have fun. That’s it. That’s all I said. Be safe & have fun.”
Michelle West does hard things. Things like finishing her 4th Badwater 135, one of the toughest foot races in the world. She dealt with 50 degree temperature swings, dust storms, wind, sleep deprivation and myriad other challenges to complete the race. She rejoined Explore The Space Podcast a few days after finishing to discuss her remarkable insights on doing hard things.
Email feedback or ideas to email@example.com
Watch Explore The Space Podcast host Mark Shapiro deliver a TEDx address at TEDx SUNY Upstate. The topic is “Compliments As A Performance Lever During Covid-19”
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
Sponsor: The Clinician Experience Project by Practicing Excellence uses coaching and development to help clinicians become their best and improve patient and organizational outcomes, while amplifying purpose and contentment. Learn more at https://practicingexcellence.com/.
1. Seeing the record breaking heat in Death Valley before the race
2. The incredibly difficult conditions at the start of the race
3. Carrying chaos forward and starting something hard
4. Finding enjoyment as an exercise in mental toughness
5. Compartmentalization as a tool to move through prolonged challenges
6. Dealing with physical discomfort while trying to maintain mental toughness
7. Why Michelle trusts her legs
8. Hallucinations in the desert
9. The sadness when it’s all over
10. Michelle’s incredible approach to building a high-functioning team
11. Relentless forward motion!
#Badwater, #ultrarunning, #marathon, #DeathValley, #mentaltoughness #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medical, #student, #resident, #fellowship