“We can’t address structural racism & we can’t achieve health equity in this country without acting on climate change”
Dr. Renee Salas is an Emergency Medicine physician & the Yerby Fellow at the Center for Climate, Health, & the Global Environment (C-CHANGE) at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. She is also lead author on Lancet Countdown Health and Climate Change U.S. Brief as well as co-director for the first Climate Crisis and Clinical Practice Symposium. She joins Explore The Space Podcast to share her expertise around climate change, human health, and how we must make this issue personal. She is incredibly compelling.
Email feedback or ideas to [email protected]
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
Sponsor: The Clinician Experience Project by Practicing Excellence uses coaching and development to help clinicians become their best and improve patient and organizational outcomes, while amplifying purpose and contentment. Learn more at https://practicingexcellence.com/.
1. Recording in the wake of another extreme weather event
2. The resuscitation analogy & the critical window for climate action
3. Multiple parallels between the response to Covid19 and climate change
4. The connections between structural racism, health equity and climate change
5. Activating others by making climate change personal and more visible through their health
6. The huge impact physicians and nurses can have in overcoming cognitive barriers with the population around climate change
7. Launcing the “Climate Crisis In Clinical Practice Initiative”
8. The profound mental health impacts of these converging crises
9. “Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”: Why climate action is aspirational
Interactive Perspective on how climate change harms health (by system) and disrupts healthcare delivery
Climate change and impacts on clinical practice and healthcare delivery
#climatechange, #threatmultiplier, #Covid19, #climate, #globalwarming, #climateaction, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician