“The future is limitless…I think we’re going to take over the world”
To celebrate National Hospitalist Day 2021, Explore The Space & Society of Hospital Medicine collaborated on a roundtable discussion concept. This episode is that roundtable: Dr. Ndidi Unaka, Dr. Anika Kumar, Dr. Gurpreet Dhaliwal, & Dr. Maylyn Martinez joined me for a discussion on “The Pluripotent Hospitalist.” This is just extraordinary
Representing the fastest growing specialty in modern healthcare, the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) is the leading medical society for hospitalists and their patients. SHM is dedicated to promoting the highest quality care for all hospitalized patients and overall excellence in the practice of hospital medicine through quality improvement, education, advocacy, and research. To learn more, visit hospitalmedicine.org.
Email feedback or ideas to email@example.com
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
Sponsor: Have you been looking for a better way to manage your tasks and collaborate with colleagues? Check out CareAlign – a HIPAA Compliant, digital workspace built to make the EHR work better for clinicians. Manage your tasks, build dynamic care plans, view vitals and labs and generate your progress note in less than 3 clicks. CareAlign has everything you need for patient care, at your fingertips. Visit www.carealign.ai/explore to learn more.
Sponsor: The Clinician Experience Project by Practicing Excellence uses coaching and development to help clinicians become their best and improve patient and organizational outcomes, while amplifying purpose and contentment. Learn more at https://practicingexcellence.com/.
1. Welcome and the most wonderful introductions of our panelists for “The Pluripotent Hospitalist”
2. Pluripotency and diverse skill sets as a mindset for a Hospitalist and as a whole person
3. Orchestration as an aspirational skill and the value of being a Generalist
4. Thinking beyond the walls of the hospital
5. Seeking autonomy, mastery, and purpose so we can continue to enjoy our careers
6. How much do we share our whole selves with our teammates and with patients
7. What skill did each panelist have to develop to move through the Covid-19 pandemic?
8. Maintaining mental health and uplifting it within the profession
9. Unique challenges faced by medical students, residents, and fellows
10. Answering questions from the audience
Twitter @Gurpreet2015, @freckledpedidoc, @MS_Martinez_MD, @NdidiUnaka, @SocietyHospMed
#Hospitalist #NHD2021, #HowIHospitalist, #mentalhealth, #Covid19, #pluripotent, #roundtable #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician