“Trust the science, look after the people next to you, & work hard”
In this special edition of Explore The Space, I sit down for a conversation with my dear friend and former babysitter Susie Rolander. Susie is a literacy specialist with a special skill set around on-line learning, and she is currently pursuing her doctorate in Leadership for Change. She is also a co-founder of Startover, which is a meeting place for experts and people seeking to make positive changes. I was fortunate to be Susie’s guest on one of Startover’s live shows. This was really fun.
Email feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch Explore The Space Podcast host Mark Shapiro deliver a TEDx address at TEDx SUNY Upstate. The topic is “Compliments As A Performance Lever During Covid-19”
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
Sponsor: Have you been looking for a better way to manage your tasks and collaborate with colleagues? Check out CareAlign – a HIPAA Compliant, digital workspace built to make the EHR work better for clinicians. Manage your tasks, build dynamic care plans, view vitals and labs and generate your progress note in less than 3 clicks. CareAlign has everything you need for patient care, at your fingertips. Visit www.carealign.ai/explore to learn more.
Sponsor: The Clinician Experience Project by Practicing Excellence uses coaching and development to help clinicians become their best and improve patient and organizational outcomes, while amplifying purpose and contentment. Learn more at https://practicingexcellence.com/.
1. Being interviewed by my childhood babysitter
2. A bit about my background and path to medicine
3. Understanding the audience priorities via a few survey questions
4. Addressing the “Covid malaise”
5. The stress of the early days of Covid-19 in the hospital
6. Maturing around my response to people who don’t want the Covid-19 & leveraging the term “help me to understand”
7. Patriotism and the reckoning to come
8. The epidemic of grief that we now face
9. The critical need for a new educational approach to better combat the impact of misinformation
10. Conversations around showing gratitude and dealing with grief
11. A shoutout to my parents
#Covid19, #vaccine, #climatechange, #swingdancing, #misinformation, #gratitude, #patriotism, #grief, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician