Zack Shinar is an Emergency Medicine physician, an international expert on resuscitation and highly sought-after speaker who is launching a new conference called Emerge. This conference is designed to introduce high school students interested in medicine to some of the most amazing things that doctors get to do on a daily basis. We dive into the incredible opportunity this conference provides to help light a fire under the next generation of physicians.
- What is Emerge all about?
- Seizing the narrative around what it’s like to be doctor
- Anticipation about the conference and the clinical content
- Introducing the cerebral, tactile, and psychosocial aspects of being a doctor
- The close-knit nature of medicine and getting to enter this community
- The diversity of medicine and physicians
- The future for Emerge and #beadocinadecade
- Shaking off sense of malaise around being a doctor
- How Mark and Zack made the decision to become a doctor
- Establishing a marketplace of ideas
- Helping to access and launch the next generation of doctors
Tags: high school, conference, medicine, emergency medicine, ECMO, Badwater, ultramarathons, reanimate, mentorship, hands-on, diversity, medical school, residency, cardiothoracic surgery, #beadocinadecade, stories, storytelling