“When I’m looking for change I try not to wait for an unnecessary landmark. I just start now.”
Dr. Dara Kass is an Emergency Medicine physician, the founder of FemInEM and a nationally-sought after expert for all topics related to COVID19. She joins us the break down the calendar fallacy and her extraordinary mindset around creating change amidst chaos. We also get into how & why the media space is becoming more representative and the vital need to those doing the work to be compensated and supported.
Email feedback or ideas to email@example.com
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
1. The calendar fallacy and the need to feel like things will be better when the year changes
2. Celebrating the Jewish New Year (Shana Tova everyone) while acknowledging the calendar change isn’t going to drive change
3. The origins of the advanced mindset Dr. Kass carries around maintaining a sense of control amidst chaos
4. Dealing with exhaustion and input fatigue
5. The impact of not having to travel for work anymore
6. The childcare crisis, gender bias, and the Covid19 pandemic
7. Why Dr. Kass is prioritizing the need for people to verbalize their own voting plan this election season
8. The critical need to make a voting plan
9. The confluence of Vogue Magazine and being Covid19 positive
10. How the ability to film from home has been critical to elevating so many diverse voices during the Covid19 pandemic & is it sustainable?
11. The critical need for proper compensation and support for physicians who are doing work in media while publicizing the organization they work for
#Covid19, #NewYear, #RoshHashanah, #ShanaTova, #control, #chaos, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician