“We put all our money in the wrong place and we don’t think about the whole person”
David Smith is an economist & the CEO and founder of Third Horizon Strategies (THS), a Chicago-based advisory firm focused on maximized human potential through a better health system. He is also the host of the new show from Lemonada Media called “The Cost of Care” which is a provocative podcast that tackles the question “what is your life worth” from a direction you might not expect.
Email feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch Explore The Space Podcast host Mark Shapiro deliver a TEDx address at TEDx SUNY Upstate. The topic is “Compliments As A Performance Lever During Covid-19”
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
Sponsor: Have you been looking for a better way to manage your tasks and collaborate with colleagues? Check out CareAlign – a HIPAA Compliant, digital workspace built to make the EHR work better for clinicians. Manage your tasks, build dynamic care plans, view vitals and labs and generate your progress note in less than 3 clicks. CareAlign has everything you need for patient care, at your fingertips. Visit www.carealign.ai/explore to learn more.
Sponsor: The Clinician Experience Project by Practicing Excellence uses coaching and development to help clinicians become their best and improve patient and organizational outcomes, while amplifying purpose and contentment. Learn more at https://practicingexcellence.com/.
1. A few minutes spent on the joys of home coffee roasting and being beautifully wired
2. The thrill of having a guest blow you away during an interview
3. Flipping the question “what is a life worth?” on it’s head
4. The primacy of human health and the importance of social determinants
5. What is the most common emotion David experiences while producing “Costs of Care”
6. Addressing the idea of safety net hospitals
7. Why system complexity is a barrier by itself
8. What kind of feedback is David getting?
9. The road forward for the show
#podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician