“I’m walking into it with my eyes open, my dukes up. I’m looking around the corner, but I’m still walking forward into it”
Dr. Kimberly Manning is a Professor of Medicine & Associate Vice-Chair of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Emory University School of Medicine. She is also a busy clinical physician, teacher, coach, and mentor, as well as an extraordinary writer, thinker, and social media voice.
For the second year in a row, we are fortunate to have Dr. Manning join us for our final episode of the year. 2020 has been a year like no other, we reflect and focus on readiness for whatever is to come next.
Email feedback or ideas to email@example.com
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
Sponsor: Vave Health believes that personal ultrasound is the future of medicine, with an aim to empower both clinicians and patients. Check out their website for details on their free virtual ultrasound educational events and more, at www.vavehealth.com/live
1. Finding a new empathy amidst the chaos of 2020
2. What still feels Exceptional
3. Carrying sadness (with a cameo from “Rapper’s Delight”)
4. The impact of code-switching & how it eats up cognitive & emotional space
5. The exceptional nature of diversity
6. Owning privilege and sharing that exercise
7. What are you doing well, what’s something you want to work on?
8. Imposter Syndrome & doing stuff scared
#2021, #Covid19, #empathy, #privilege #exceptional, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician