“Just existing in this part of the world means needing to know how to live with fire”
Dr. Sasha Berleman is the Director of the Fire Forward Program at Audubon Canyon Ranch, a program that is leading change in the way we live with fire in Northern California. With her team, Dr. Berleman plans and organizes cooperative prescribed burns and trains and leads communities in fire management. As we approach yet another wildfire season, Dr. Berleman shares her incredible insight and expertise. This is an important listen.
Email feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch Explore The Space Podcast host Mark Shapiro deliver a TEDx address at TEDx SUNY Upstate. The topic is “Compliments As A Performance Lever During Covid-19”
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
Sponsor: Have you been looking for a better way to manage your tasks and collaborate with colleagues? Check out CareAlign – a HIPAA Compliant, digital workspace built to make the EHR work better for clinicians. Manage your tasks, build dynamic care plans, view vitals and labs and generate your progress note in less than 3 clicks. CareAlign has everything you need for patient care, at your fingertips. Visit www.carealign.ai/explore to learn more.
Sponsor: The Clinician Experience Project by Practicing Excellence uses coaching and development to help clinicians become their best and improve patient and organizational outcomes, while amplifying purpose and contentment. Learn more at https://practicingexcellence.com/.
1. Assessing wildfire anxiety and how it manifests as people wanting to learn more about wildfire
2. The evolution of the public’s understanding of wildland fire science and prescribed fire
3. What does “living with fire” mean?
4. A realistic expectation for being able to keep wildfires out of developed areas and why it is so difficult
5. The role of land stewardship and individual engagement
6. The importance of legislative change to allow more controlled burns to reduce fuel loads
7. Key points that Dr. Berleman gives to those who show up wanting to level up
8. How we perceive our region now
9. What are Dr. Berleman’s “asks”?
10. Understanding the analogy “dancing with fire”
11. Learning about Fire Forward
#wildfire, #climatechange, #fire, #fireforward, ##health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician