“Even when we have these new channels to communicate effectively, do we know how to do that?”
Dr. Bob Wachter is Chairman of the Department of Medicine at UCSF & an outstanding commentator on the Covid19 pandemic. He returns to Explore The Space Podcast (previous episodes here) to discuss his Twitter threads, being a #Covid19 generalist, what kind of teacher Covid19 is & making hard decisions. A must-listen.
Please wear your mask, maintain physical distancing, & wash your hands. #MasksWork
Email feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
1. The genesis of Bob’s outstanding Covid focused Twitter threads in the early days of the pandemic in America
2. How being a Generalist helps to process the multidimensional nature of the Covid19 pandemic
3. Adding phantosmia to the myriad impacts Covid19 has on the human body with a stunning example
4. The incredible pivot in how we communicate now to the public and the critical need for effective communication with a lay audience
5. Corollaries to being a Hospitalist and being a Covid19 Generalist
6. Assessing the level of trust the public has in the information they are getting
7. What kind of a teacher is Covid19? (This is absolutely fascinating)
8. What is the greatest Covid19 risk factor for the Bay Area, and any other region that has successfully flattened the curive?
9. Bob’s toolbox for making hard decisions.
#Covid19, #Hospitalist, #communication, #Twitter, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician