“The power of change comes from the power of community”
Dr. Megan Ranney is an Emergency Medicine physician, an expert on the public health epidemic of gun violence & one of the greatest communicators of science to a wide audience working today. She joins us to discuss the critical importance of transforming the national conversation around gun violence & the value of an activated health care professional coalition in this work. We also discuss the upcoming Rock The Ride event & fundraiser which we are both participating in!
Please learn more about Rock The Ride here and definitely join us on June 27th.
Here is Megan’s first appearance on Explore The Space Podcast
Email feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
1. Why transforming the conversation around gun violence is the key paradigm shift we need
2. The journey to get physicians to acknowledge gun violence is a public health problem
3. The tools and strategies that are effective at helping people understand that gun violence is a public health issue
4. Prioritizing various work projects amidst a world in upheaval
5. Discussing Rock The Ride, the upcoming panel we are on together, and how this event and others like it give people agency in this issue of gun violence
Rock The Ride website Twitter @rocktheridegvo
AFFIRM Research website Twitter @researchAFFIRM
GetUsPPE website Twitter @getusppe
#guns, #gunviolence, #publichealth, #Covid19, #thisisourlane, #RockTheRide, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician