Episode 195 : Avi O’Glasser On COVID19 Contributions On ERAS Applications
Featured Guest: Avi O'Glasser
Jul 29, 2020
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:04 — 23.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe Us: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
“This gives people a structure to say that you did something & to validate it”
Dr. Avi O’Glasser is Associate Professor of Medicine & Assistant Program Director for Scholarship & Social Media at Oregon Health Sciences University. She is also an amazing collaborator and she is back on Explore The Space Podcast to discuss our newest White Paper “COVID-19 Contributions on a Residency/Fellowship ERAS Application”
Please subscribe to and rate Explore The Space on Apple Podcasts or wherever you download podcasts.
Email feedback or ideas to [email protected]
Check out the archive of Explore The Space Podcast as well as our White Papers and much more!
Follow on Twitter @ETSshow, Instagram @explorethespaceshow
Sponsor: Elevate your expertise with Creighton University’s Healthcare Executive Educational programming. Learn more about Creighton’s Executive MBA and Executive Fellowship programs at www.creighton.edu/CHEE.
1. What was the spark for this topic
2. Just because there isn’t a category for it doesn’t mean interviewers don’t want to see your Covid-19 contributions
3. Acknowledging the hardships that medical students and residents have dealt with and why the inclusion is a form of self-validation
4. Demonstrating respect and admiration for medical students and residents by encouraging them to share what they’ve done
5. The importance of a narrative of contribution and investment in an application
6. The holistic review & shaking up the evaluation process
7. Anticipating response to this White Paper
Explore The Space White Paper on Social Media, Podcasts & Blogs On A Residency/Fellowship ERAS Application
Dr. Vinny Arora on Explore The Space Podcast discussing Covid19 Contribution Matrix for your CV
#Covid19, #applications, #ERAS, #podcast, #podcasting, #healthcare, #digitalhealth, #health, #leadership, #mentorship, #coaching, #FOAmed, #doctor, #nurse, #meded, #education, #hospital, #hospitalist, #innovation, #innovate, #medicalstudent, #medicalschool, #resident, #physician